Because it’s not always appropriate to roll out of bed and put on running shorts & because pictures are pretty.
Regrettably, I don’t have tickets to Pitchfork, Bonnaroo, or Lollapalooza. But there’s no excuse not to dress like a festival junkie all summer long. Easy, breezy dresses are a staple at summer music festivals and this year is no exception. Patterns are prime and grungy tie-dye and Asian-inspired bohemian prints are just about everywhere. These effortlessly cool dresses are perfect to throw on on any given summer day. Accessorize with an arm cuff or head wrap; coveted Lolla wristband optional.
It’s the home stretch! After weeks of egg nog and Christmas cookies there’s just one last round of holiday parties before NYE. Then we all can resume lazy weekends on the couch in front the warm glow of the television. But before you resolve to wearing your stretchy post-holiday sweatpants (we all have them), close out 2012 with a stylish bang in this season’s biggest trends. Have fun over the holidays in velvet, metallics, peplums, and the season’s staple, sequins.
[Clockwise from top left]
1. Pair a peplum top with a pencil skirt or chic skinny trousers for an unexpected alternative to the tried and true party dress. Topshop, $36
2. Make a statement in short-shorts at your next shindig. These burgundy velvet shorts are perfect for the holiday party scene with your favorite tights and heels. Topshop, $64
3. Shine in a dress with a bold metallic pattern like this velvet skater dress with gold glitter stars. Topshop, $92
4. Ditch last year’s statement necklace and try a bold collar instead. ASOS, $26
5. Throw on a chic black 3/4 sleeve peplum, Oasis, $46
6. Go for the gold in this sequin mini with a scalloped hem line. Rachel Gilbert, $478
7. Black sequin shorts won’t fly in June so wear them now while you can. Karl, $75
8. Polish off your outfit with this gold sequin doily-like lace collar. Cara Accessories,$34
9. If you’re not already wearing enough gold, slip on gold heeled pumps. Kate Spade, $208
Anglophiles and British fashion fans have long loved the U.K.’s most hip chain brand, TOPSHOP. For years the clothing, famous for its brave approach to current trends, was the envy of us Americans and sported stateside only by lucky jet-setting Hollywood starlets.
Eventually the brand hopped the pond, but American fans still had to make a pilgrimage to New York, Chicago or Las Vegas to shop the line in-store. But rejoice! This past week the clothing made its debut in select Nordstrom stores across the country making TOPSHOP more accessible than ever before.
The affordable offerings include some of the brand’s best sellers in addition to limited edition pieces that will no doubt be snagged up in short order. The department store is also carrying a full line of shoes and accessories, maternity wear, and TOPMAN products for the gentlemen.
The pieces, which are conveniently available online from Nordstrom too, are super on trend for the fall. There are tons of innovative prints, studded tops, chunky sweaters, and tailored tops and bottoms.
So plan a spree at Nordstrom and make off with some of these awesome pieces. Bonus points if you master an English accent to accessorize your new threads.